A standard reference and working tool for psychiatrists, psychologists, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other mental health professionals. This book is a must for everyone who needs an up-to-date, easy-to-use, comprehensive summary of all the most relevant information about psychotropic drugs.
- Independent, unbiased, up-to-date
- Packed with unique, easy-to-read comparison charts and tables (dosages, side effects, pharmacokinetics, interactions…) for a quick overview of treatment options
- Succinct, bulleted information on all classes of medication: on- and off-label indications, side effects, interactions, pharmacodynamics, precautions in the young, the elderly, and pregnancy, nursing implications, and much more – all you need to know for each class of drug
- Potential interactions and side effects summarized in comparison charts
- With instantly recognizable icons and in full color throughout, allowing you to find at a glance all the information you seek
New in this edition
- Antidepressants chapter includes new section on esketamine (Spravato), recently approved for treatment-resistant depression; also updates to antidepressant use in pregnancy and SPARI drug interactions
- Antipsychotics updates include new section on 5-HT2A inverse agonist antipsychotic (pimavanserin, Nuplazid) and comprehensive revision of augmentation strategies
- Pharmacogenomics chapter fully revised with expanded dose adjustment recommendations
- Chart of agents under investigation for treatment of substance use disorders fully revised, new agents include lofexidine (Lucemyra), Kadian, nortriptyline e-cigarettes
- Unapproved treatments chapter with significant updates, including new sections on adrenergic agents in PTSD (doxazosin), antiflammatory agents in depression (pioglitazone, rosiglitazone, statins), and hormones in schizophrenia (raloxifene)
- Expanded treatment options for extrapyramidal side effects include deutetrabenazine and valbenazine
- New formulations and trade names include: Spravato (esketamine), as well as Adzenys ER, Aristada, Austedo, Cotempla XR-ODT, Fanatrex FusePaq, Foquest, Ingrezza, Jornay PM, Mydayis, Nuplazid, Sublocade, Zelapar
Publisher: Hogrefe Publishing GmbH
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Procyshyn, Ric M.; Bezchlibnyk-Butler, Kalyna Z; Jeffries, Joel J.
Edition: 23rd Ed.
Clinical Handbook of Psychotropic Drugs