Publication Year: 2013
Authors/Editor: Dossey, Barbara
Publisher: American Nurses Association, Inc
This book describes the rapidly emerging role of Nurse Coach - a role that speaks to the heart of nursing, but one that all providers can embrace.
Nurse Coaching is all about interaction with clients in a skilled, purposeful, and results-oriented way. This structured, relationship-centered approach by Registered Nurses promotes achievement of client goals.
Nurse Coaching is grounded in the principles and core values of professional nursing. Nurse coaching competencies can be integrated into any setting or specialty area of practice. Nurse Coaches establish co-creative partnerships with clients to facilitate a process of change that assists them in realizing undeveloped potential. Self-care, intentionality, presence, mindfulness, and therapeutic use of self are vital components of effective Nurse Coaching. In this book you will find strategies to help you:
- Create a safe space for coaching conversations.
- Provide a structure for further coaching sessions.
- Explore client readiness for change.
- Assist clients to identify goals, select action steps, evaluate progress, and sustain life changes.
- Learn the importance of addressing client challenges and celebrating client accomplishments.
- Learn new and valuable ways to assist clients to adopt effective and life changing behaviors.
The Art and Science of Nursing Coaching: The Providers Guide to the Coaching Scope and Competencies