Thoroughly updated and expanded, the third edition of Understanding and Managing Oncologic Emergencies: A Resource for Nurses is a comprehensive yet practical guide to understanding and managing oncologic emergencies from the nursing perspective.
Featuring “Fast Facts” sections in each chapter and extensive tables and figures to highlight key content, this text will enable nurses to
- Identify which patients are at increased risk for oncologic emergencies
- Recognize the signs and symptoms associated with the complications
- Understand the underlying pathophysiologic processes
- Learn pertinent diagnostic evaluations and therapeutic interventions
- Assess patients appropriately
- Apply nursing management strategies across a continuum from acute through chronic care and rehabilitation.
The increased use of targeted and immunologic therapies is resulting in increased risk of severe or fatal skin reactions. A new chapter on cutaneous toxicities provides valuable information to help nurses recognize and manage these reactions quickly. This book is an essential resource for nurses and other professionals, providing the knowledge needed to enhance patient outcomes when an oncologic emergency occurs.
Publisher: The Oncology Nursing Society
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Kaplan, Marcelle
Emergency Medicine & Trauma
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Understanding and Managing Oncologic Emergencies: A Resource for Nurses