A single-search portal to more than 100 million biomedical, health, and pharmaceutical resources.
View Marketing Factsheet
- Increase e-resource discoverability and usage with streamlined access to a time-saving one-stop shop of all available bibliographic records, full text, books, journals, and multimedia from publishers, information providers, and aggregators—not just those to which your institutions subscribes.
- Make sure users recognize the value of and re-discover your library
- Help users save time by offering a single-search platform for all e-resources
- Save administrative time with a simple interface that requires little training and no cataloging
- Minimize costs spent on document delivery and library portal maintenance
How does it work?
Users simply enter a few search terms on an intuitive, customized portal—perfect for users of all experience levels—and OvidDiscovery’s single, unified index delivers integrated results so they can navigate to the research they need quickly.
- Metadata for over 100 million scholarly e-resources: over 1.1 million unique content sets (organized into single knowledgebase), 53,000 publisher and aggregator collections, and 45,000 unique open-access products containing roughly 7 million records
- Indexed and non-indexed resources from publishers, information providers, and aggregators, including A & I databases, full-text collections, library catalogues, websites, search engines, and local repositories
- Searchable content from journal articles, books, videos, images, reports, procedures, blogs, audio recordings, systematic reviews, and more
- Full-text indexing of all Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) content
- Search results organized automatically into customizable subjects
- Instant access to original content (via an openURL link resolver if necessary).
- Pre-selected content sets, publishers, or platforms to be included in a search.
- User customizations: saved searches, bookmarks, Alerts, and more.
- Usage statistics available in real time, daily, and weekly.
- Document ordering and delivery management tools.
- Implementation, customization, and maintenance support by Ovid’s award-winning Customer Support team.
- Better insight into users’ search and content usage behavior and visibility of library e-resources
- Daily updates of the index and knowledgebase
- Optimized for desktop or mobile device.
- Available in 4 languages—English, French, German, and Spanish.
Administrators and librarians can configure a single search box on the portal or create a more elaborate interface—navigable from the Ovid platform—with basic searching, advanced searching, and A-Z searching of institutional holdings. They can add their library’s branding, as well as blogs, RSS and Twitter feeds, a ‘bookshelf’, favorite journals, ‘widgets’ for searching specific resources, and links to key Ovid resources. Expand sections and change hyperlinks and subject headings!