Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Burke, Allen P.; Aubry, Marie-Christine; Maleszewski, Joseph J.; Alexiev, Borislav A.; Tavora, Fabio R.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 97
Formerly titled Practical Cardiovascular Pathology, this is a superbly illustrated, one-volume reference to pathology of the thorax.
More than 1,000 full-color illustrations, tables, and ""practical points"" boxes help you arrive at a diagnosis accurately and efficiently. Ideal for both pathology residents and practicing surgical pathologists, this in-depth resource focuses on illustrated practical diagnosis, including differential diagnosis.
- New globally-recognized editors and contributors share their expertise in every area of thoracic pathology.
- The significantly revised cardiac section has been reorganized and rewritten to reflect current treatments and terminology, while retaining its practical approach emphasizing clinical and pathologic correlation.
- Objective coverage includes updated classifications of interstitial lung disease, vascular lung disease, transplant rejection, autoimmune diseases, and carcinomas of the lung, as well as non-epithelial tumors.
- Up-to-date information on the genetics of lung cancer, with a focus on current guidelines for genetic testing and what likely lies ahead.
- Superb coverage of imaging in interstitial lung disease, including explanations of radiologic findings that correlate with pathologic diagnosis.
- Highly useful for residents, community pathologists, forensic pathologists, and academic pathologists, as well as subspecialty pathologists.