Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Cash, Jill C.; Glass, Cheryl A.
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 92
The first book to encompass adult-gerontology practice guidelines for primary care, this comprehensive resource is designed as a text and reference for health care practitioners specializing as adult-gerontology nurse practitioners (A-GNP).
It provides current national practice guidelines for delivering high-quality primary health care to adult, older adult, and pregnant patients in the outpatient setting. The book delivers chapters that focus on the older adult person, including a chapter describing the major effects of aging on each body system.
- Focuses specifically on the adult, older adult, and pregnant patient populations
- Delivers consistent presentation of more than 240 disorders by body system for ease of access
- Step-by-step review of 19 commonly used procedures
- ""Practice Pointers"" indicate highly important care points
- Includes more than 140 extensive Patient Teaching Guides for ""take home"" information
- Useful as a review text when preparing to take the A-GNP certification course and exam
Adult-Gerontology Practice Guidelines