Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Eliopoulos, Charlotte
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
This concise and user-friendly resource contains the fundamental information long-term care nurses need to provide all aspects of safe and effective care to their patients in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Written by a renowned and highly respected nurse leader in long-term care and gerontology, it presents key facts and core competencies related to the clinical and managerial responsibilities of nurses in these settings.
Details on the specific skills required for this challenging specialty, as well as must-know information on regulatory standards, site visits, management and leadership, and dementia care, are presented in a concise format for quick access to information.
- Embodies the essential competencies for long-term care nursing practice
- Presents information in a concise easy-to-access format with bulleted facts and the Fast Facts in a Nutshell feature
- Addresses management and leadership issues germane to the long-term care setting
- Includes must-know information on regulatory standards, site visits, legal risks, documentation essentials, and more
- Guides nurses in using evidence-based knowledge in long-term care settings