Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Maher, Lisa L.M.
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 100
Designed to help APNs easily broach an uncomfortable topic, the book walks practitioners through the exam, providing tips on effective communication, understanding lifestyle constraints, and working with the patient to improve his or her condition without shame.
Emphasizing multidisciplinary approaches and evidence-basedtreatment, the book addresses prevention, provider recognition, and treatment of adult and pediatric obesity with the goal of improving overall quality of life.
- Written specifically for the advanced practice nurse
- Covers all facets of communication, assessment, and treatment
- Includes case studies and treatment plans designed specifically for nurses
- Highlights a multidisciplinary approach
- Includes effective tips, photographs, and real-life examples that will benefit both provider and patient