Editor(s): Cheatham, Gregory A.
Publisher: Sage Publications, Inc.
Written for teachers, early care and education personnel, educational administrators, therapists, families and others who work with or on behalf of children from birth through 8 years of age who have identified disabilities, developmental delays, are gifted/talented, or are at risk for future developmental problems.
This journal offers useful, friendly articles that help readers implement research-based strategies and interventions across many settings.
Each issue covers a variety of intervention strategies; you will find ideas to use in classrooms, in home based programs, with special populations, and in family home routines. The journal also reviews important topics, such as:
- Adapting Physical Activities
- Assessing Intervention Outcomes
- Recommended Practices for Children with Autism
- Addressing Challenging Behaviors
- Culturally Sensitive Interventions
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Early Literacy Development Tools
- Embedding Interventions within Family and Classroom Routines
- Family-Friendly Interventions
- Family-Guided Routines
- Portfolio Assessment
- Positive Behavior
- Support Second Language Acquisition
- Strategies For Successful Inclusion
Each issue also provides ""Resources within Reason"" a list of good, but inexpensive resource materials, including books, videos, online resources, government publications, and resource centers.
Young Exceptional Children