Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 6th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Stacey E. Mills MD; Joel K. Greenson MD; Jason L. Hornick MD, PhD; Teri A. Longacre MD; Victor E. Reuter MD
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 83
Doody Core Title
Offering the latest information on all currently known diseases, this classic two-volume reference presents advanced diagnostic techniques from a virtual “who’s who” of experts in the field – pathologists who provide authoritative guidance on the diagnostic evaluation of every type of specimen from every anatomic site. No matter what your level of training or experience, keeping Sternberg’s near your microscope is the next best thing to a personal consultation with a trusted colleague.
- Clearly visualize nearly every specimen you’re likely to see, thanks to more than 4,000 full-color illustrations, each color-balanced to dramatically improve image quality.
- Get practical, real-world help on diagnostic problems and pitfalls from the text that has emphasized a hands-on focus from the very first edition.
- Benefit from significant updates in key areas of the field, particularly in immunohistochemistry and molecular pathology.
- Stay up to date with new information on new molecular and immunohistochemical markers for diagnosis and prognosis of neoplasia, improved classification systems for diagnosis and prognosis, the role of pathology in new diagnostic and therapeutic techniques, and the recognition of new entities or variants of entities.
- Keep abreast of updated World Health Organization (WHO) terminology regarding tumor diagnosis.
Sternberg's Diagnostic Surgical Pathology