Publisher: CAB International--Euros
The most comprehensive database of its kind, CAB Abstracts gives researchers instant access to over 9 million records from 1973 onwards. Its coverage of the applied life sciences includes agriculture, environment, veterinary sciences, applied economics, food science, and nutrition.
Excellent international coverage sets CAB Abstracts apart from other databases. The database includes all relevant publications, including less well-known and non-English journals and those published by independent and learned publishers. With publications from over 120 countries in 50 languages, including English abstracts for most articles, researchers get the fullest global picture for any subject. Subjects covered include:
- Agriculture, including animal production and welfare, horticulture, crop science and protection, applied economics and rural studies
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences, including animal nutrition, entomology, aquaculture and equine science
- Environmental Sciences, including, ecology and climate change, forestry, soil science, and hydrology
- Human Health, Food and Nutrition, including food science and communicable diseases
- Leisure and Tourism
- Microbiology and parasitology, including mycology, bacteriology and virology
- Plant Sciences, including biotechnology, plant protection, and crop science
CAB Abstracts now includes Full Text Select, a growing list of more than 40,000 full-text documents, including conference proceedings, reports, and difficult-to-find journal full text from around the world. The repository contains PDF full text including journal articles in English and non-English languages (See current list here); conference proceedings frequently offering important papers months before the completed research paper is published (See current list here); book chapters, monographs, government reports, and more. CAB Abstracts Full Text Select offers records from 2003 to date, with approximately 10,000 new records added each year. Over 5,000 of these are not available in PubMed.