Publication Year: 2007
Authors/Editor: Hackley, Barbara; Kriebs, Jan M.; Rousseau, Mary Ellen
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 93
This text presents primary care information for the women's health scope of practice, including management of common health problems, lifestyle changes, prevention, immunizations, and the presentation and management of complications in pregnancy.
* Each chapter begins with a discussion of common symptoms and suggestions on how to evaluate various clinical presentations. This approach more closely matches “real life” care and will be useful to students who need help developing clinical reasoning skills and to seasoned practitioners who may need help in developing a complete list of diagnostic possibilities that should be considered in specific clinical situations.
* A wide range of issues are covered in this text including everything from health promotion and screenings to the management of common conditions affecting women. In addition, this text includes in-depth coverage of emerging health concerns for women, in particular mental health conditions, weight management, and cardiovascular health.
* Each chapter discusses how management of common conditions affecting women is modified during pregnancy and lactation.
* Easy to use tables summarizing diagnostic possibilities, treatment recommendations, and other key points can be found throughout each chapter.
* Information is easy to retrieve, making this text a great resource for clinicians who need to find information quickly in the midst of a busy clinical session.
Primary Care of Women: A Guide for Midwives and Women's Health Providers