Essential reading for beginning and experienced clinicians alike, Sapira's Art & Science of Bedside Diagnosis, Fifth Edition, discusses the patient interview and the physical examination in an engaging, storytelling style.
Tried and true methods are described in step-by-step detail, and include clinical pearls, vignettes, practical clinical experiences, personal history, explanations of the physiologic significance of findings, and extensive discussions of evidence-based medicine. It’s a useful guide for learning and reinforcing effective bedside diagnosis techniques at all levels and stages of clinical practice.
- Serves as an essential road map to the individual, interdependent, and artful side of the practice of medicine using time-honored, hands-on methods.
- Helps you gain the most reliable information from your patients, leading to accurate differential diagnoses and efficient diagnostic strategies.
- Contains new material on endocrinology; the history and philosophy of medicine; orthopaedics, neurologic diagnoses and traumatic brain injury, dermatology; Guarino’s auscultatory percussion of the skull; hearing, the vestibular system, and intracranial hypertension; ophthalmoscopy; podiatry; and more.
- Details effective approaches to various types of patients, including those who are forgetful or confused, vague, using illegal substances, non-English speaking, hard of hearing, hostile, evasive, and many other frequently encountered situations.
- Includes ""Points to Remember,"" interesting historical tidbits, relevant references, and more than 300 questions with answers and discussion.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Orient, Jane
Primary Care/Family Medicine/General Practice
Edition: 5th Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
Sapira's Art & Science of Bedside Diagnosis