ACLS Review Made Incredibly Easy!® gives you the confidence you need to pass the ACLS certification exam as well as the knowledge and skills needed to perform advanced cardiac life support.
Packed with easy-to-remember definitions and step-by-step directions on the latest treatment algorithms, this enjoyable review text tackles required ACLS course and exam content. It is also the perfect on-the-spot clinical reference—for nurses, students, and all healthcare professionals.
Be expertly guided through the latest ACLS training and exam preparation with:
- NEW and updated content in quick-read, bulleted format, based on current American Heart Association guidelines
- NEW and updated cardiovascular pharmacology content
- NEW and updated interventions
- Explains ACLS course and exam components and requirements
- Proven study strategies, end-of-chapter quick quizzes, and an end-of-book practice test
- Explanations of complex concepts—easy-to-retain guidance on how to recognize and treat cardiac arrhythmias, including:
- Classifications of interventions, including basic life support skills, adult cardiac arrest algorithm, and defibrillation
- Step-by-step how-tos for current treatment algorithms
- Managing specific rhythms—hypovolemia, hypoxia, acidosis, hypothermia, cardiac tamponade, tension pneumothorax, pulmonary coronary thrombosis, and more
- Dozens of colorful diagrams and illustrations outline the core concepts and skills needed for ACLS certification, including:
- CPR – when and how to use it
- Devices and procedures skills – safe ventilation techniques, including endotracheal intubation and supraglottic devices, as well as defibrillators, pacemakers, and more
- Early management – managing the first 30 minutes of cardiac emergencies
- Emergency conditions – which cardiac rhythms may require ACLS treatment
- IV and invasive techniques – such as peripheral and central IV line insertion
- Pharmacology – knowing the action, indication, dosages, and precautions for the major drugs used during ACLS
- Special features that include:
- Just the facts – quick summary of each chapter’s content
- “Nurse Joy” and “Nurse Jake” – expert insights on interventions and problem-solving
- Quick quiz – multiple-choice questions after each chapter to help you retain knowledge
- Now I get it! – real-life patient scenarios illustrating correct ACLS interventions
- What to look for – tips on identifying and interpreting arrhythmias.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency Medicine & Trauma
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
ACLS Review Made Incredibly Easy!