Offering concise, easy-access information for the most common ocular problems, Ocular Therapeutics Handbook: A Clinical Manual is a proven, practical resource for optometrists, nurses, and primary care physicians.
A consistent outline format and numerous algorithms make vital information easy to retrieve, while a problem-oriented approach provides a real-world perspective and helps build critical thinking skills.
- Three well-organized sections cover the information you need to know: Quick Reference (ocular microbiology, lab tests and procedures, pharmaceutical agents, and medication side effects); Ocular Therapeutics (diseases, traumatic injuries, and ocular urgencies and emergencies); and Appendices (abbreviations, conversion charts, case report sheets, and more).
- Each clinical presentation focuses on the patient (risk factors, signs and symptoms), the disease (pathophysiology), and the management (treatment options and pharmacology), providing rapid access to clinically relevant material.
- Revised content covers recent advancements in new technology, including electrophysiology, fundus auto-fluorescence, and OCT; diagnostic equipment and techniques, recently developed pharmaceuticals; and recent clinical studies’ impact on ocular disease.
- New video content teaches how to perform key procedures and improve patient management.
- Hundreds of line drawings, color photographs, and tables help you visualize and quickly grasp key concepts.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Onofrey, Bruce E.; Skorin, Jr., Leonid; Holdeman, Nicky R.
Edition: 4th Ed.
Ocular Therapeutics Handbook: A Clinical Manual