Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 10th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Williamson, Mary A.; Snyder, L. Michael
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 89
This practical, everyday guide expertly answers the questions physicians most often ask regarding individual disease states, lab tests, and infectious disease assessments.
Recommendations are given on when to order tests and how to interpret results, based on evidence-based laboratory medicine.
- NEW chapters on genitourinary disorders and transfusion medicine
- NEW information on pulmonary, cardiac, and neurologic disease states, HLA, obstetric and gynecologic disorders, and molecular diagnostics
- NEW authors, including specialists in Cardiovascular Medicine, Transfusion Medicine and Pathology
- A completely revamped cardiovascular chapter with NEW symptoms (Dyspnea, Syncope, Sudden Cardiac Arrest), written by a Cardiovascular Medicine Specialist
- Includes current molecular diagnostic testing, cytogenetics, common pitfalls, test limitations, and identification of appropriate tests for specific clinical presentations
- Test sensitivity, specificity, and positive and negative infectious disease probabilities included where appropriate
- Detailed descriptions of routine and lesser-known tests listed alphabetically, with guidance on when to order and how to interpret results
- Improved and enhanced index
Wallach's Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests