Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 10th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Sadock, Benjamin James; Sadock, Virginia Alcott; Ruiz, Pedro
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 90
Doody Core Title:
Here's the latest edition of the cornerstone text in the field for 50 years.
The book shares the expertise over 600 renowned contributors who cover the full range of psychiatry and mental health, including neural science, genetics, neuropsychiatry, psychopharmacology, and other key areas. It remains the gold standard of reference for all those who work with the mentally ill, including psychiatrists and other physicians, psychologists, psychiatric social workers, psychiatric nurses, and other mental health professionals.
- New authors bring a fresh perspective to many topics, keeping you at the forefront of current developments in the field.
- Thoroughly updated coverage of neural sciences, with new sections on epigenetics, the microbiome, systems neuroscience, the Human Connectome Project, neurodevelopment, and many more.
- Extensively revised sections on schizophrenia, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, geriatric psychiatry and neurocognitive disorders.
- Uniquely comprehensive information of psychosomatic medicine, including chapters on obesity, chronic pain, and psychiatric sequella of critical illness.
- Timely information on public and global psychiatry, biological therapies, and psychotherapies.
- ""Text-within-a-text"" coverage of child psychiatry includes thorough information on neuroimaging, assessment, genetics, sleep disorders, and the impact on parents of raising a psychiatrically disabled child.
- Abundant case histories add clarity and represent the vast clinical experiences and wisdom of hundreds of contributing authors.
Kaplan & Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry