Publication Year: 2007
Authors/Editor: Rietschel, Robert L.; Fowler, Joseph F.
Publisher: People's Medical Publishing House
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 84
Since its introduction in 1967, Alexander A. Fisher's Contact Dermatitis has been the one essential text for American dermatologists who see patients with contact dermatitis.
The sixth edition, written for the third time by Robert L. Rietschel and Joseph F. Fowler, still is the essential text. An encyclopedic reference that discusses all aspects of contact dermatitis, the updated edition features a full color atlas section as well as color images for the first time.
The 6th edition provides updates on the following sections:
*statistics and sources of rubber allergy
* allergy to plastic chemicals, especially epoxies and acrylics
* textile dyes and permanent press allergy
* photo dermatitis
* allergy to newer preservatives and other ingredients in skin and hair care products and cosmetics such as cocamidopropyl betaine, emulsifiers, methyldibromoglutaronitrile
* metal allergy especially gold, nickel, rare metal allergy and allergy to dental materials, cardiovascular and orthopedic implants.
* allergic cheilitis
* oral lichen planus caused by metals, acrylics
Fisher's Contact Dermatitis