Edition: 8th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Yao, Fun-Sun F.; Malhotra, Vinod; Fong, Jill; Skubas, Nikolaos J.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®: Score: 88
Doody Core Title:
- Score: 2.8 (Anesthesiology)
Among the core texts for anesthesiology residents, this book is frequently used as one of the primary study aids for orals. The book covers all areas of anesthesia using a problem-based approach.
As in prior editions, the goal of the text is to present a group of important clinical entities covering the most critical anesthetic problems, and to provide logical and scientific fundamentals for individualized patient management.
Each chapter is based on a real-world case history and includes questions that address every facet of management—from disease knowledge and differential diagnosis, through preoperative evaluation, intraoperative management, and postoperative care. The discussion of each question is followed by a short list of the most important references on that topic.
- Real-world cases incorporate questions commonly encountered on the wards and are great preparation for the oral boards
- Broad scope covers all major areas of anesthesiology
- Problem-based approach emphasizes critical thinking, collaborative decision-making, and problem-solving skills
New to the seventh edition:
- Fully revised content with updated references assures readers of the most current, clinically relevant information
- Full-color, abundantly illustrated format highlights essential anatomic features and improves anesthetic technique
- New pediatrics section highlights the specific challenges of anesthesia in young patients
- New authors and contributors share expertise and fresh perspectives from a range of disciplines
Yao & Artusio's Anesthesiology: Problem-Oriented Patient Management is included in the following Collections:
Customers who purchased this product also purchased these products:
Doody's Featured Books
Yao & Artusio's Anesthesiology: Problem-Oriented Patient Management This book covers all areas of anesthesia using a problem-based approach.
Intraocular Tumors: An Atlas and Textbook
World-renowned authorities at the Wills Eye Hospital provide outstanding guidance on recognition, evaluation, and treatment of ocular tumors in this text.
OVID CTS NewsletterDesigned to keep you informed on new journal, book, and database content from Ovid-as well as news about our Ovid, search, discovery, and management platforms.