Publication Year: 2012
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Mathog, Robert H.; Shibuya, Terry Y.; Carron, Michael A.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Covers a practical step-by-step approach of procedures to treat craniofacial fractures.
This definitive book on surgery for craniofacial trauma covers a wide range of procedures that cross a number of specialties. Each procedure has been updated to reflect current methods being utilized today. Although the focus is on the facial skeleton, there are adequate presentations to orient the reader to vascular, central nervous system, dental, and ophthalmic injuries, which is important as most of these injuries cross specialties. This completely revised second edition has multiple new chapters, including Imaging of Craniofacial Fractures; Plates, Materials, and Instrumentation; Multidisciplinary Approach to Trauma; Free Flap Reconstruction of the Mandible.
NEW All chapters will emphasize plates and rigid fixation
· NEW Over 200 new figures were added
· NEW How-to-do-it, step-by-step methods were revised to cover current methods
· NEW Multiple chapters describe endoscopic techniques for repair of cerebral spinal fluid leaks, decompression of the optic nerve, and dacryocystorhinostomy
· In addition to the treatment of facial fractures, airway management, temporal bone fractures, laryngeal trauma, and soft-tissue injuries are covered
· Many alternative procedures are covered
· The book reflects the AO's aggressive treatment of fractures
Mathog's Atlas of Craniofacial Trauma