Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Rhee, John; Boden, Scott D.; Wiesel, Sam W.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 98
In one convenient place, you’ll find the entire Spine section, as well as relevant chapters from the Oncology and Pediatrics sections of Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery. Superb full-color illustrations and step-by-step explanations help you master surgical techniques, select the best procedure, avoid complications, and anticipate outcomes.
- Step-by-step procedures are illustrated with outstanding full-color intraoperative photographs and drawings that demonstrate how to perform each technique.
- Each clinical problem is discussed in the same concise format: definition, anatomy, physical exams, pathogenesis, natural history, contraindications, imaging and diagnostic studies, differential diagnosis, non-operative management, surgical management, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications.
- Detailed descriptions of surgical anatomy help you master even the most challenging and highly technical procedures.
- Extensive use of bullet points and a highly templated format allow for quick and easy reference.
- Ideal for quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure, whether a familiar standard or a new and evolving technique.
Operative Techniques in Spine Surgery