Publication Year: 2012
Authors/Editor: Conaghan, Philip; Nelson, Amanda
Publisher: S. Karger
For all healthcare professionals who have ever felt unable to provide effective therapy for this disease, or who have encountered negative patient and community attitudes to joint pain, Fast Facts: Osteoarthritis is essential reading.
Osteoarthritis is the most common joint disorder and represents a massive problem in our aging society. For most people, it is a syndrome of joint pain and stiffness, with associated functional problems that have a substantial impact on quality of life.
The two internationally renowned authors of Fast Facts: Osteoarthritis believe that ""something can be done to help every person with osteoarthritis"". This comprehensive handbook includes:
* a clear and concise description of the normal joint
* a detailed overview of the pathology of osteoarthritis
* expert guidance on well-established diagnostic criteria and investigations
* up-to-date, practical information on drug therapy, non-pharmacological treatments and surgical options
* joint-specific treatments for the hand, hip and knee, including intra-articular corticosteroid injections
Fast Facts: Osteoarthritis