Publication Year: 2011
Authors/Editor: Isaacs, John D.; Moreland, Larry W.
Publisher: S. Karger
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 89
This thoroughly updated second edition of Fast Facts: Rheumatoid Arthritis provides an easy-to-read overview of how the condition is thought to develop and how it is diagnosed, monitored and treated.
Written by two leading UK and US rheumatologists, it covers the many recent developments in this field, including:
* Recently published classification criteria
* The emerging role of anti-CCP autoantibodies
* The latest developments in ultrasound and MRI
* The association between RA and cardiovascular disease and lung disease
* New concepts of undifferentiated arthritis and treatment to remission
* The importance of early referral and new biological therapies
Fast Facts: Rheumatoid Arthritis provides a well-referenced international perspective on this condition. It is a 'must read' for all healthcare professionals caring for patients with this debilitating inflammatory joint disease.
Fast Facts: Rheumatoid Arthritis