This unique combination from the Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI) of evidence-rich content plus a set of 4 online evidence-based practice (EBP) appraisal, implementation, and management tools is designed to help practitioners, faculty, students, and healthcare managers implement an effective EBP program and provide patient care based on the best available evidence.
The collection includes:
- Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database - The complete JBI EBP content set available via Ovid, which spans a range of medical, nursing, and healthcare specialties and includes evidence summaries, systematic reviews, best practice guidelines, and more.
- JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports - a peer-reviewed, online journal that publishes systematic review protocols and systematic reviews of healthcare research following the JBI methodology, undertaken by the Joanna Briggs Institute and its international collaborating centers and groups.
Please note that the following tools are not available individually:
- JBI RAPID (Rapid Appraisal Protocol Internet Database) helps users learn how to critically appraise research papers and evidence for quality using a standardized checklist.
- JBI Journal Club - Learn how to start and maintain your own journal club and develop critical skills you need to accurately assess journals for the quality of their evidence.
- JBI SUMARI (System for the Unified Management of the Assessment and Review of Information) - Learn to develop, conduct and reporting on systematic reviews of evidence related to the feasibility, appropriateness, meaningfulness and effectiveness of health care interventions or professional activities.
- JBI TAP (Thematic Analysis Program) - Helps researchers in small-scale qualitative studies execution to extract qualitative data, categorize extractions, and organize categories thematically.
The Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI) is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading providers of evidence-based information from across the globe, as well as tools to help healthcare professionals implement an effective evidence-based practice program and provide the best possible patient care.