Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 6th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Mulholland, Michael W.; Lillemoe, Keith D.; Doherty, Gerard M.; Upchurch, Jr., Gilbert R.; Alam, Hasan B.; Pawlik, Timothy M.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 91
Doody Core Title
Revised, updated, and enhanced from cover to cover, this sixth edition remains the gold standard text in the field of surgery, reflecting surgery’s rapid changes, new technologies, and innovative techniques, integrating new scientific knowledge with evolving changes in surgical care.
Updates to this edition include new editors and contributors, and a greatly enhanced visual presentation. Balancing scientific advances with clinical practice, the book is an invaluable resource for today’s residents and practicing surgeons.
- Features enhanced, full-color illustrations, clinical photographs, key teaching points, and decision-making algorithms for quick reference to key information.
- Covers general scientific principles such as inflammation, shock, nutrition, pain management, and much more, followed by surgical practice chapters arranged by organ system.
- Introduces two new editors, Hasan Alam, MD and Timothy Pawlik, MD, who bring a fresh perspective and vision to this classic reference.
- Showcases the scientific and clinical expertise of more than 200 contributing authors, each an active practitioner in the field of surgery.
- Includes two new chapters on Obesity and Preoperative Risk Assessment.
Greenfield's Surgery: Scientific Principles and Practice