Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Secor, R. Mimi; Fantasia, Heidi Collins
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
This newly updated, step-by-step guide to the key points of conducting the GYN exam addresses everything nurse practitioners, NP students, and other primary care providers need to know, from basic procedures to high-level challenges.
Part I breaks down the GYN exam into clinical parts, emphasizing strategies to decrease anxiety and minimize discomfort at every stage of the exam. Part II walks the caregiver through the exam for women at every stage of the life span, sexually abused women, obese women, and women who have undergone genital mutilation.
This second edition delivers an all-new chapter on providing care to transgender and LGBT individuals and also includes new information on intimate partner violence and working with adolescents and menopausal and older women. The book features prominently displayed key points and learning objectives for quick access of information. Including up-to-date information on STIs, Pap guidelines, and recommendations on the well-woman exam, this concise guide provides essential resources, including links to instructional videos and free apps, adding to the book’s value as an indispensable guide to delivering excellent holistic care to women.
New to the Second Edition:
- New chapter on examining the transgender and LGBT individual
- Latest information on intimate partner violence
- Updates on examining adolescents and menopausal and older women
- New information on female genital mutilation
- New STI and Pap guidelines from CDC and ACOG
- Delivers easy-to-read, bulleted information in a convenient pocket size
- Provides learning objectives, key points, and Fast Facts in a Nutshell
- Includes tips on examining special populations including obese, anxious, multiparous, pediatric, menopausal and older patients, and transgende/LGBTQ patients
- Serves as a refresher for those studying for the WHNP Exam