Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: White, Kathleen M.; Dudley-Brown, Sharon; Terhaar, Mary F.
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 94
Designed as a textbook for the DNP curriculum and as a practical resource for more seasoned health professionals, this acclaimed text encompasses an interprofessional approach to translating evidence into nursing and health care practice that is useful for both clinical and nonclinical environments.
The second edition presents new chapters, three of which feature additional approaches for translating evidence into practice, new methods of information technology for translation, and interprofessional collaboration and practice for translation and three that offer 19 exemplars that illustrate actual translation work within the areas of population health and specialty practice, and in the health care system. Consistently woven throughout are the themes of integration and application of knowledge into practice, leadership and evaluating change, leadership strategies for translation, and interprofessional applications across settings. Also included is new information about outcomes management for improvement of direct and indirect care.
New to the Second Edition:
- Addition of an esteemed co-editor
- Reorganized and revised for enhanced comprehension
- New chapters: Methods for Translation, Information Technology and Decision Support, Interprofessional Collaboration and Practice for Translation, and Data Management and Evaluation of Translation
- Three new exemplar chapters: Population Health Exemplars, Specialty Practice Exemplars, and Health Care System Exemplars
- Updated information on integration and application of knowledge into practice, leading and evaluating change, leadership strategies for translation, and interprofessional application across settings
- New coverage of outcomes management for improvement of direct and indirect care
- Offers an in-depth guide for planning, implementing, and translating evidence
- Includes extensive references necessary for doctoral study
- Provides the perfect supplement for evidence-based practice materials that often have limited information or value for translation/implementation activities