Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 5th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Moroz, Alex; Flanagan, Steven R; Zaretsky, Herb
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
The fifth edition of this landmark volume has been substantially updated and expanded to encompass an abundance of innovative rehabilitation research supported by changing technology and new research methodologies.
Written for rehabilitation practitioners, researchers, and students, it distills crucial new information regarding aspects of disability pertaining to medical conditions commonly encountered in rehabilitation settings.
New to the 5th edition:
- Updated coverage of rheumatic diseases, stroke, rehabilitation nursing, research directions, and integrative medicine
- New information about traumatic brain injury, limb deficiency, organ transplantation, geriatric rehabilitation, and technology-based research
- Innovations in delivery and payment systems, accreditation, opportunities and challenges for quality, and outcome assessments
- New findings regarding social work in physical medicine, complementary and alternative medicine, relevant legislation, and telerehabilitation
- Updates on speech, language, hearing, and swallowing disorders
- New coverage of neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, and pediatric disorders
- Delivers key information critical to the study of disability including functional status, prognosis, psychology, and vocational issues
- Discusses how changes in health care regulations have impacted rehabilitation medicine delivery
- Analyzes the convergence of emerging technologies and clinical practice
- Includes the contributions of distinguished practitioners, researchers, and educators
Medical Aspects of Disability: A Handbook for the Rehabilitation Professional