Resolving Ethical Dilemmas: A Guide for Clinicians helps residents, students, and practitioners work through these and many more common and challenging ethical questions that affect patient care.
The 6th Edition reflects important changes in medicine and healthcare policy and provides additional clarity to complex concepts. Offering practical, real-world advice, it helps you think through and resolve difficult cases, prompting thoughtful, well-reasoned answers to the question of “What do I do in this situation?”
- Begins with a concise discussion of clinical ethics that provides background information essential to understanding key ethical issues.
- Explores a wide range of real-world ethical dilemmas, each accompanied by expert guidance on salient issues and how to approach them.
- Provides new insights on cases related to oncology, palliative care, family medicine, clinical practice guidelines, genetic testing, the electronic health record, opioid prescriptions, evidence-based medicine, ambulatory care, quality improvement, and advance care planning.
- Helps you work thorough challenges such as how to handle changes arising from the Affordable Care Act, how to manage treatment when it no longer works for the patient, and much more.
- Uses a highly visual, two-color design to facilitate retention of material.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Lo, Bernard
Primary Care/Family Medicine/General Practice
Ethics & Other Humanities
Edition: 6th Ed.
Resolving Ethical Dilemmas: A Guide for Clinicians
- Essential Guide to Primary Care Procedures, The
- Wallach's Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests
- Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics, The
- Practical Guide to Joint & Soft Tissue Injections, A
- Ovid MEDLINE®
- 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2020
- Rosen & Barkin's 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult
- 5-Minute Pediatric Consult, The
- Sapira's Art & Science of Bedside Diagnosis
- Practical Guide to Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion & Topical Products, A
- Rockwood and Wilkins' Fractures in Children
- Washington Manual Internship Survival Guide, The
- Principles and Practice of Palliative Care and Supportive Oncology
- Sternberg's Diagnostic Surgical Pathology
- Lippincott's Primary Care Dermatology
- Text-Atlas of Obstetric Dermatology
- Manual of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Cardiovascular Care Made Incredibly Easy!
- Medication Interest Model, The: How to Talk With Patients About Their Medications
- Goodheart's Photoguide to Common Skin Disorders: Diagnosis and Management
- Handbook of Clinical Anesthesia
- Evidence-Based Cardiology
- Clinical Sleep Disorders
- Diabetes Management in Primary Care
- Genital Dermatology Atlas
- Washington Manual of Critical Care, The
- Washington Manual of Outpatient Internal Medicine, The
- Rosen's Breast Pathology
- Schrier's Diseases of the Kidney
- Hospital for Special Surgery Orthopaedics Manual