A classic nursing reference, the fully updated Lippincott Manual for Nursing Practice, 11th Edition, offers expert nursing knowledge and much-needed practical guidance on patient care.
Authoritative yet easy to follow, this comprehensive text guides you through the nursing concepts and skills particularly vital for medical-surgical assessment, care, and treatment. Essential for both in-the-classroom and on-the-unit guidance, this is the expertise that all students, new nurses, and medical-surgical nurses need to grasp essential nursing concepts, care management, and procedures.
Discover the insights and data that every nurse needs:
- NEW and updated features – Nursing, Gerontologic, Drug, and Transitional Care Alerts, evidence-based references, diagnostic methods, and drug treatment throughout the book
- Easy-to-read, well-illustrated outline format – practical, pertinent, and comprehensive content for the busy nurse, including:
- Patient education – essential self-care, prevention, and health promotion information
- Nursing assessments – important signs and symptoms and other clinical data to be on the alert for in all types of conditions
- Body system terminology – how anatomy and physiology are affected by disease in each body system
- Equipment use – utilizing technology for patient monitoring and therapy
- Nursing process and practice – systematic use of the nursing process for assessment, planning, and intervention
- Emergency nursing – emergent conditions
- Psychiatric Nursing – mental health problems
- Medical-surgical nursing – adult physical assessment, IV therapy, perioperative nursing, cancer nursing, and care of the older or disabled adult
- Patient care by body system – functions, problems, disorders, and therapies described for the respiratory, cardiovascular, neurologic and sensory, gastrointestinal, renal, genitourinary, reproductive, metabolic, endocrine, hematologic, immunologic, musculoskeletal, and integumentary systems
- Maternity and neonatal nursing – maternal and fetal health, nursing management during labor and delivery, care of mother and neonate in postpartum period, and complications of childbearing
- Pediatric nursing – pediatric growth and development, physical assessment, primary care, treatment of pediatric disorders of all body systems, and developmental disabilities
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Nettina, Sandra M.
Dictionaries & Word References
General Interest Nursing
Edition: 11th Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
Doody Core Title
- 2.53 (Nursing Process)
- 2.93 (Medical/Surgical) Doodys Essential Title
Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice