Publication Year: 2013
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Robert S. Feder MD
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
From surgical planning and patient prep, to the latest tools and techniques, this volume uses real-world examples and straightforward language to help readers optimize results and avoid potential pitfalls.
The text is patient-focused rather than technology-focused and leads the refractive surgeon through a series of real life cases in a progression from the more straight-forward to the increasingly complex with useful take home points in each surgical planning, technique and management of complications are reviewed in a case-based contemporary approach relevant no matter your level of experience.
• Practical, case-based format uses real-world examples to promote safe, effective practice, relevant to all refractive surgeons.
• Convenient indexes group cases by clinical findings, making it easy to locate those cases relevant to your prospective patient
• Emphasis on patient-centered care focuses on surgical planning, preparation, and approach, including the prevention and management of complications.
• Coverage of a wide range of equipment familiarizes readers with the latest tools and technologies.
• Expert perspectives identify the pros and cons of the equipment used in LASIK procedures.
• “Take Home Points” highlight valuable information for quick reference.
• 70-question self-assessment test reinforces understanding.
New to the second edition:
• Fully updated content describes the fundamentals of LASIK treatment as well as the latest tools, techniques, and tips.
• 105 cases (including 30 new cases) cover a wide array of actual clinical experience.
• 70 self-assessment questions with detailed discussions allow you to test your knowledge and an interactive online question bank provides opportunities to enhance critical thinking and assess learning.
• New chapters on the latest technologies address corneal topography, OCT, femtosecond and excimer lasers and collagen cross-linking written by experts.
• New chapters on international perspectives covers LASIK as performed around the world.
• New chapter on lens implant power selection after LASIK surgery.