This unique manual is an ideal resource for anesthesia technicians and technologists and those studying for certification (CerATT) in the field.
It offers well-illustrated, comprehensive coverage of every aspect of day-to-day practice and workflow, with sections on Anatomy, Physiology, and Pharmacology; Anesthesia Practice; Anesthesia Equipment and Technology; Emergencies, and more. From explanations of who’s who in the operating room to detailed, step-by-step instructions on equipment maintenance, this practical manual ensures that readers will have current, complete information on the core knowledge they need to know in anesthesia technology.
- New chapters on temperature management, MRI safety, radiation safety, local anesthetic toxicity, autotransfusion devices, resource planning, and legal and regulatory issues.
- Updated and expanded information on the respiratory system and airway tools and devices.
- Covers special topics such as pediatric and obstetric anesthesia, anesthesia outside the OR, patient transport, and emergencies from cardiac arrest to fire, with emphasis on the role of the anesthesia technologist in management.
- Detailed coverage of what you need to know on intraaortic balloon pumps, ventricular assist devices, pacemakers, and other technical challenges.
- Includes more than 350 questions with detailed answers, reviewing knowledge contained in each chapter and assisting with preparation for the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) exam.
- Includes hundreds of full-color illustrations to help you visualize anatomy, surgical positioning, and more.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Guimaraes, Emily S.; Davis, Matthew; Kirsch, Jeffrey R.; Woodworth, Glenn
Edition: 2nd Ed.