Publication Year: 2012
Authors/Editor: Levine, T. Barry; Bradley-Levine, Arlene
Not only will you receive a solid understanding of the pathophysiology underlying the metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease but also the rationale for today’s most effective treatments.
Trends indicate that the metabolic syndrome will become the leading risk factor for heart disease. Now more than ever you need an all-in-one reference that provides the tools and practical advice you need to:
- Identify at-risk patients
- Explain individual contributing factors
- Aid in patient education and motivation
- Direct comprehensive care and
- Choose the most appropriate interventions
- Comprehensively revised to reflect leading-edge research and now organized to facilitate easy access to essential information and clinically-relevant guidance, Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease, 2e offers this and more.