Publication Year: 2012
Authors/Editor: Weinberg, Mea; Forum, Stuart; Segelnick, Stuart
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 92
The Dentist’s Drug and Prescription Guide is the only book to offer comprehensive coverage of this topic and has quickly become the go-to reference for dental students, general dentists, periodontists, oral surgeons, dental hygienists.
Written for dental professionals seeking quick advice on prescribing medications for their patients, the book offers:
- An easy-to-read question-and-answer format, the text describes evidenced-based pharmacologic therapy with current and up-to-date references regarding adjunctive pharmacologic treatment of the dental patient
- Easy-to-follow drug tables that summarize the main pharmacologic features of the different disciplines, including periodontics, implantology, oral surgery, and endodontics, with recommendations for pharmacologic treatment with periodontal and implant surgery as well as treatment of periodontal diseases, dental pain, and infection
- Detailed strategies to manage and prevent drug interactions in the dental practice
- Instructions and guidelines for the patient on how to take the drugs (e.g., to avoid GI upset when taking antibiotics acidophilus or yogurt can be taken).
- Plus, sample prescriptions, coverage of proper documentation in the patient's chart, and more!
The Dentist's Drug and Prescription Guide