Publication Year: 2012
Authors/Editor: Ansel, Howard C.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 84
Widely recognized as the leading calculations textbook, this is the most trusted resource for calculations support. Time-tested after thirteen editions, it is the most comprehensive and in-depth treatment of pharmacy calculations available.
The book takes a step-by-step approach to calculations, making it easy for students to work through the problems and gain greater understanding of the underlying concepts.
Its focus is on the fundamental principles and basic techniques involved in the application of the calculations needed for successful pharmacy practice.
Each chapter follows an effective format for working through calculations:
1. Didactic narrative provides critical chapter content
2. Illustrations introduced where necessary
3. Sample problems with solutions are provided
4. Calculations Capsule - Review and summary of critical formulas or math
5. Case in point - Clinical reference or case
6. Practice problems
7. Answers to practice problems