Publication Year: 2011
Authors/Editor: Dougherty, Lisa; Lister, Sara
Provides up-to-date, evidence-based clinical skills procedures related to every aspect of a person's care.
Procedure guidelines are based on an appraisal of the latest research findings and advice from clinical experts, to enable students and qualified nurses to provide the best possible care. The manual provides the underlying theory and evidence for procedures enabling nurses to gain the confidence they need to become fully informed, skilled practitioners.
The eighth edition is organised in four sections which reflect the patient experience: Managing the patient journey, Supporting the patient with human functioning, Supporting the patient through the diagnostic process, Supporting the patient through treatment. It includes additional headings to make the text even more accessible and extra colour photos and diagrams.
- Nationally recognised as the essential guide to clinical nursing skills
- Includes step-by step procedures related to essential aspects of a patient's care
- Provides all the knowledge nurses need to be fully informed and practice accountably
- Enables nurses to deliver clinically effective, patient-focused care
- Clear, user friendly and easy to understand
- All procedures include the rationale for each action
- Evidence graded to help nurses assess its validity