Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Yamada, Thoru; Meng, Elizabeth
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 96
Ideal for technologists, neurology residents, and clinical neurophysiology fellows, Practical Guide for Clinical Neurophysiologic Testing: EEG, 2nd Edition, provides comprehensive, up-to-date guidance on electroencephalography technology and interpretation. This reference is a highly regarded go-to guide for using this essential neurodiagnostic tool to its fullest potential.
* Covers the technical aspects of electroneurodiagnosis as well as its clinical applications and diagnostic utilities for various central nervous system disorders.
* Emphasizes pattern recognition, artifact recognition, technical pitfalls, and the clinical correlates of electroencephalography, including material that assists in recognizing specific artifacts.
* Reflects the latest ACNS guidelines for EEG pattern nomenclature.
* Features an all-new chapter on long-term monitoring of acutely ill patients: Continuous Critical Care EEG (CCEEG).
* Contains an extensive collection of EEG figures to familiarize readers with variables they’re likely to encounter.
Practical Guide for Clinical Neurophysiologic Testing - EEG