Publication Year: 2013
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Churg, Andrew; Muller, Nestor L.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 97
Provides pathologists with the extensive array of illustrations necessary to understand the morphologic spectrum of interstitial lung disease (ILD).
Each chapter touches on the important radiology, clinical, mechanistic, and prognostic features along with numerous illustrations of pathologic findings in a concise, easy-to-follow format.
This quick reference helps you:
- Observe and determine if a case shows the diagnostic features of a particular disease.
- Effectively diagnose ILD through detailed illustrations of the pathology and expert coverage of imaging in every chapter.
- Broaden your understanding of uncommon variants of relatively common ILDs; for example, fibrosis in chronic eosinophilic pneumonia (CEP) and in BOOP, interstitial spread of Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH), and progression of desquamative interstitial pneumonia (DIP) to a picture of fibrotic nonspecific interstitial pneumonia (NSIP).
- Use imaging material to understand the pathologic changes behind the radiologic appearances of ILDs.
- Stress the team approach necessary for the final diagnosis of interstitial lung diseases.
Atlas of Interstitial Lung Disease Pathology: Pathology with High Resolution CT Correlations