Publication Year: 2013
Authors/Editor: Simmen; Jones
Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 98
This step-by-step guide to endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery is ideal for all specialists who need to stay current in the field.
In this expanded second edition, practitioners will not only find basic and advanced procedures in endoscopic sinus surgery (including key criteria for patient selection), but also four entirely new chapters on anterior skull base surgery that reflect important recent developments.
Special features of the second edition:
- 30% larger, with nearly 1500 endoscopic images and corresponding line drawings that make every procedure easy to visualize
- Provides a practical management approach that leads to optimal outcomes: Who are the best candidates for specific procedures? When should medical treatment or surgery be used? Why should surgery be undertaken? How are the operative procedures performed?
- Covers the latest techniques for removal of skull base tumors and repair of skull base defects
- Includes new chapters on pathophysiology of rhinosinusitis, sense of smell, applied anatomy, the endoscopically assisted bimanual operating technique (developed by the author), transorbital surgery, interdisciplinary teamwork, and more
- Offers online access to 18 videos of endoscopically guided surgical procedures and patient interviews, for an excellent review and refresher
From diagnosis and preoperative counseling to evidence-based procedures, complication avoidance, and postoperative management, this book covers the gamut of topics clinicians face in everyday practice. All otolaryngologists, neurosurgeons, and maxillofacial surgeons will find it essential when making diagnostic and treatment decisions involving the skull base and paranasal sinuses.
Manual of Endoscopic Sinus and Skull Base Surgery