Publisher: Northern Light Group LLC
Coverage: 2010 - Present
Northern Light is a grey literature database, ideal for research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, healthcare organizations, academic institutions, research libraries, and research teams at hospitals – helping to maximize research efficiency, competitive intelligence and product development with copyright-compliant access to over 2 million life sciences conference abstracts and posters from over 3,000 medical and life science conferences from around the globe.
Northern Light’s conference abstracts and posters collection provides a comprehensive database of life sciences research information, often several years before that information is published in industry or academic journals. Whether they work in an academic, corporate, or clinical setting, scientists know that conference materials are a critical component of their research. The trouble is, less than half of all studies and only about 60% of randomized clinical trials (RCTs) presented at conferences are eventually published—often several years after they’ve concluded.
Northern Light Discovery users can search a full-text index of:
- More than 2 million abstracts and posters over 100,000 are included and drawn from over 3,000 life sciences conferences
- Abstracts and posters are searchable within 3 weeks or less of the information posted on conference site and years before publication in a peer-reviewed journal
- Posters include data tables, graphs and images
- Conferences span 2010-present; new conferences added as abstracts are posted
- Virtually all abstracts from a given conference are covered
- Materials are presented in a way that protects users by offering copyright-compliant access
- Information is drawn directly from conference websites
- Summaries of conference abstracts conducted by Northern Light remains even when the conference links expire
- Author information that standardizes last name indexing for consistent and easy retrieval
- Northern Light Business News so you can track life sciences industry coverage of your topics of interest
- MI Analyst—browse search results by concept