Publication Year: 2013
Authors/Editor: Georgalas; Fokken
Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers
This major reference offers the most complete and balanced coverage of modern rhinology and skull base surgery available today by integrating key advances in the basic sciences with modern clinical developments.
From the role of genetics, allergy, and immunology in rhinologic disorders to new, evidence-based medical and surgical approaches, the book covers all aspects of this dynamic, multidisciplinary specialty.
- Highlights basic science developments in anatomy, embryology, pathophysiology, immunology, genetics, and investigative rhinology
Includes more than 900 full-color photographs and 120 drawings
- Structured on evidence-based medicine principles and based on current, evidence-based guidelines (including the EPOS 2012 and Endoscopic Skull Base Tumors consensus document)
- Shares the medical and surgical expertise of a truly international team of more than 100 clinicians and scientists from 17 countries
- A learning-focused textbook, with structured chapters, each one including tips and tricks,
important notes, key points, summary, and self-assessment questions
- The only textbook tailored to the curriculum of the British Intercollegiate, FRCS(ORL-HNS), American Board of Otolaryngology, and European Academy exams
A world-class clinical reference as well as a comprehensive textbook, Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery is unrivalled for its breadth of coverage, from basic science breakthroughs to the newest diagnostic tools to the most advanced endoscopic treatment techniques. A book that all practicing rhinologists, otolaryngologists, skull base surgeons as well as residents and fellows in otolaryngology will find indispensable for expanding their surgical and medical expertise as well as gaining a full understanding of the basic science framework of their multifaceted specialty.
Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery