Concise and user-friendly, The Washington Manual™ Infectious Diseases Subspecialty Consult, Third Edition, provides essential information needed to evaluate patients on a subspecialty consult service.
This edition offers state-of-the-art content on the diagnosis, investigation, and treatment of a wide variety of infectious diseases, including coverage of new and emerging pathogens, rapid molecular diagnostics for infectious diseases, and new therapeutic and preventive strategies. Ideal for trainees and practicing physicians who need quick access to current scientific and clinical information in this rapidly changing area, the manual is also useful as a first-line resource for internists and other primary care providers.
- Content has been thoroughly revised from cover to cover, including two new chapters: Antimicrobial Stewardship and Arboviruses and Hemorrhagic Fevers.
- A highly templated, bulleted format ensures you can find what you need quickly and easily.
- Comprehensive coverage includes fever of unknown origin, sexually transmitted infections, opportunistic infections associated with HIV, zoonotic and tickborne infections, protozoal infections, infection prevention, and much more.
- Text has been organized by organ system to facilitate generating a useful differential diagnosis based on a patient’s presentation.
- Chapters have been written by faculty and fellows from the Infectious Diseases Division of Internal Medicine at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Kirmani, Nigar; Durkin, Michael J.; Liang, Stephen Y.
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Washington Manual Infectious Diseases Subspecialty Consult
- Washington Manual of Outpatient Internal Medicine, The
- Washington Manual Pulmonary Medicine Subspecialty Consult, The
- Rockwood and Wilkins' Fractures in Children
- Rosen & Barkin's 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult
- Washington Manual of Gastroenterology Subspecialty Consult
- 5-Minute Pediatric Consult, The
- Washington Manual of Critical Care, The
- Washington Manual of Pediatrics
- Schrier's Diseases of the Kidney
- Washington Manual of Rheumatology Subspecialty Consult
- Kaplan & Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry
- Ovid MEDLINE®
- Patterson's Allergic Diseases
- ICU Book, The
- Manual of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Oski's Pediatrics: Principles and Practice
- Washington Manual Of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Subspecialty Consult
- Washington Manual, The: General Internal Medicine Consult
- A to Z Drug Facts
- Wallach's Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests
- Washington Manual Endocrinology Subspecialty Consult
- 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2020
- Merritt's Neurology
- Washington Manual Hematology and Oncology Subspecialty Consult
- Danforth's Obstetrics and Gynecology
- DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology
- Werner & Ingbar's The Thyroid: A Fundamental and Clinical Text
- Sauer's Manual of Skin Diseases
- Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics, The
- Washington Manual Cardiology Subspecialty Consult, The