Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Ciesielski, Thomas
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 93
Concise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual® General Internal Medicine Consult, Third Edition, provides quick access to the essential information needed when performing an inpatient consult.
Chapters are organized around presenting symptom (e.g., approach to nausea, approach to low back pain), allowing quick look-up of differential diagnosis and management. Ideal for medical students, residents, and practitioners, the manual is also useful as a quick-reference guide for practicing hospitalists.
- Brief, focused information throughout, zeroing in on the essential diagnosis and assessment information you need for an internal medicine consult.
- Thoroughly revised to include new approaches to diagnosis and new therapeutic management, as well as an all-new chapter on venous thromboembolic disease.
- Organized by presenting symptom, making information easy to find so you can maximize your time spent during the consult.
- Perfect for residents asked to perform a medical consult, hospitalists, students, NPs, and PAs.
- Written by residents, fellows, and attending physicians from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
Washington Manual, The: General Internal Medicine Consult