Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: O'Keeffe, Meaghan; Saver, Cynthia
Publisher: American Nurses Association, Inc
This go-to guide is a practical resource for RNS who wish to develop or improve the communication skills as an interprofessional team player.
It is filled with valuable insights into key topics for promoting collaboration through communication:
- Addressing difficult conversations and situations
- Assessing and understanding communication styles (yours and others)
- Meeting the challenges of interprofessional communication issues distinctive to nurses
- Recognizing and resolving issues that can arise from workplace conflict and a multigenerational workforce
- Using standardized communications tools such as SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation), checklists, and mindful communication
- The authors also present numerous tips on these topics as questions, which are useful for self-examination and group discussion.
With this guide, the motivated nurse can better contribute to a healthy workplace environment.
This guide is the third publication in the ANA You Series. This series offers valuable tools and resources for RNs to develop leadership skills, knowledge, and strategies to create safe and effective workplace environments.
Communication, Collaboration, and You: Tools, Tips, and Techniques for Nursing Practice