Publication Year: 2013
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Gerri Lamb
Publisher: American Nurses Association, Inc
Care coordination has always been a primary duty of nursing. Care Coordination: The Game Changer offers today’s most comprehensive insights, case studies and strategies to advance nursing's role in care coordination and healthcare transformation.
Care Coordination:The Game Changer—How Nursing is Revolutionizing Quality Care is the first book to show in clear, concise language how care coordination is positioned in the context of healthcare reform.
In this essential text, Editor Gerri Lamb, PhD, RN, FAAN, and 23 of the brightest minds in care coordination at top universities and health systems examine care coordination from all sides, including:
- A historical perspective on nursing and quality care
- Models and tools for improving quality and safety
- Effective care coordination models
- Recognizing care coordination in nurses’ practice
- The role of nurse leaders in advancing care coordination
- How care coordination can reduce avoidable hospital stays
- Quality and safety outcomes for patients and families
- Care coordination and health IT
- Coordinating care through partnerships with patients and families
- Community-based care transitions
- How to influence public policy through care coordination research
Find out how nursing is revolutionizing quality care—and how this impacts the national agenda for healthcare reform.
Care Coordination: The Game Changer: How Nursing is Revolutionizing Quality Care