Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Zyromski, Nicholas J.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 87
A concise yet exhaustive overview of today’s treatment of HPB surgical conditions!
Handbook of Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery provides expert coverage of medical and surgical management of diseases of the liver, pancreas, and biliary tree. You’ll find succinct overviews of contemporary approaches to malignant and non-malignant conditions, open and minimally invasive surgical techniques, and imaging of the pancreas and hepatobiliary system.
- Improve your decision-making skills for complex issues associated with pancreatic cancer and cysts, pancreatitis, complications of pancreatic surgery, ultrasound for liver disease, cirrhosis and portal hypertension, neuroendocrine and colorectal metastases to the liver, gallstones, cholesystitis, infections in biliary surgery, and more.
- Stay up to date with new developments in benign disease conditions such as acute and chronic pancreatitis, bile duct injury and benign bile duct stricture, primary sclerosing cholangitis, and benign liver lesions.
- Collaborate more effectively with multidisciplinary colleagues regarding diagnosis, evaluation, and operative and non-operative treatment of HPB patients.
- Easily visualize surgical procedures and concepts with more than 100 illustrations, many in full color.
- Benefit from the expertise of experts from around the world, all noted authorities in their areas of HPB surgery.
- Ideal for HPB surgery fellows, general surgeons who may not encounter these conditions in day-to-day practice, residents in training, and practitioners who are involved in interdisciplinary care of HPB patients.