Publisher: Argosy Publishing, Inc.
Often used as a complement or supplement to a 2-semester A&P course, this interactive 3D teaching resource is comprised of 50 modules that incorporate 3D models, illustrations, and animations to present core content of basic anatomy and physiology courses at a university, vocational school, or community college. Updated for 2019!
Download Visible Body Product List
Anatomy & Physiology provides a step-by-step introduction to the human body in 50 visual, interactive chapters. The program is based on Learning Objectives devised by the Human Anatomy & Physiology Society (HAPS), and produced by an award-winning team of medical illustrators, biomedical visualization experts, and animators belonging to the Association of Medical Illustrators. Features include:
- 3D illustrations and short animations that cover core physiology
- More than 500 3D models that can be studied from any angle and varying zoom levels
- Ability to zoom, pan, rotate, and dissect 3D models of twelve body systems (Cells and Tissue, Integumentary, Skeletal, Muscular, Nervous, Endocrine, Circulatory, Lymphatic, Respiratory, Digestive, Urinary, and Reproductive)
- 3D bony landmarks of the axial and appendicular skeleton
- Learning objectives, multiple choice and dissection quizzes and notecards
- Audio pronunciations and definitions of structures
- Now available in 6 languages, including English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and now Spanish!
- All animations contain subtitles for each language; English-language users can turn on/off subtitles
- Includes all of the same structures as Human Anatomy Atlas —more than 5,000!
- High-resolution illustrations and videos
Anatomy & Physiology allows you to:
- Rotate, flip, zoom in/out, peel away, and highlight anatomy models
- Hide, isolate, fade, and peel away structures and layers
- Access numerous tutorial videos on how to use the platform
- Use iPhone® (including iPhoneX), iPad® and Android® to access information while on-the go; IP-validated mobile app users only need to validate their access every 90 days
Features also include:
- Over a dozen enhanced animations that explain physiology topics! See how condyloid joint movement allows for circumduction, flexion, and extension; visualize how neurons transfer messages throughout the body, and understand the multi-step process of fertilization to implantation with 3D animations created by our in-house team.
- All-new quiz experience! More quizzes added for cell structure and function, smooth and cardiac muscle tissue, and reproduction/fetal development; and a brand new UI that empowers students to test their knowledge with multiple choice and dissection quizzing.
Updated for 2019 with:
- Histology slides – more than 100 new microscope images showing body tissues!
- Functionality to zoom and pan all images in full screen mode
- A single tap enters full screen mode and double tapping or pinching zooms in and out
- Optimized for the newest iPhones and iPads
Visible Body - Anatomy & Physiology