Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Englesbe, Michael J.; Mulholland, Michael W.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 96
Doody Core Title:
With a strong focus on technical efficiency, this book takes you step by step through every aspect of solid organ transplantation surgery.
Using concise text, full-color illustrations, and operative images, it provides detailed coverage of deceased and living donation, as well as liver, kidney, pancreas, and lung transplantation. You’ll find practical, step-by-step guidance on preoperative, intra-operative, and post-operative clinical decision making, helping you hone your skills and incorporate today’s innovative approaches into your surgical practice.
- More than 80 global contributors known for their technical expertise share their knowledge and skills.
- Each clinical issue is discussed in the same easy-to-follow format: definition, differential diagnosis, patient history and physical findings, imaging and other diagnostic studies, surgical management, techniques, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications.
- Comprehensive coverage keeps you up to date on every aspect of the field, including the management of complex portal hypertension in children and adults.
- Full-color, step-by-step explanations of operative procedures help you master each technique, avoid complications, and anticipate outcomes.
- Extensive tables and bulleted text allow for quick and easy reference, while intraoperative photographs provide a surgeons-eye view of each procedure.
- Ideal for anyone involved in transplantation, including medical students, residents, transplant physicians, surgical trainees, and practicing transplant surgeons.