Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Snyderman, Carl H.; Gardner, Paul A.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 81
Now part of the Master Techniques in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery series, Skull Base Surgery is the new go-to guide on common and advanced procedures in skull base surgery.
Step-by-step expert instruction is offered on more than 45 procedures, covering both open and minimally invasive approaches to the skull base. It is a vital resource for students, generalist surgeons, and skull base specialists in otolaryngology and neurosurgery.
- Authored by world-renowned experts and pioneers in open and endoscopic skull base approaches
- Chapters cover: introduction to each approach; history; physical examination; indications; contraindications; preoperative planning; surgical technique; postoperative management; complications; results; pearls and pitfalls; instruments to have available; and suggested readings
- Sections cover: sphenoid and parasellar regions; anterior cranial fossa; middle cranial fossa; posterior cranial fossa; and reconstruction
- Topics include: optic nerve decompression; endonasal approach to the sella; endoscopic endonasal approach to the medial cavernous sinus; endonasal transorbital approaches; cranialization of the frontal sinus; frontal sinus osteoplastic flap with and without obliteration; and anterior craniofacial resection
- More than 1,500 color photos and drawings of intraoperative images fully demonstrate the content
Master Techniques in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery: Skull Base Surgery