Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Husain, Aliya N.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 93
This how-to guide is the perfect bench reference for both the pediatric pathologist tasked with interpreting pediatric biopsies and the general surgical pathologist.
Authored by a panel of top experts, the topics covered include a wide spectrum of diseases that afflict children, laying a comprehensive framework for diagnosing both the common and not-so-common diseases that can be identified by biopsy.
If you’re a medical professional faced with the challenge of interpreting pediatric biopsies, this reference will prove indispensable to your day-to-day life.
- High quality color photomicrographs to highlight key diagnostic features
- Detailed illustrations complement text
- Special diagnostic techniques specific to small patients
- Chapters organized by organ system and include congenital, inflammatory, infectious and neoplastic lesions
- Techniques include histochemical and immunohistochemical stains, electron microscopic examinations, and molecular tests